The Consortium of Mexican Universities (CUMex) is a common space for good quality higher level education in the country, involving:
A high academic competence
- Showed by the highest graduation rates and employment rates, both superior to 77% of its graduates.
- Dynamic counseling systems that give service to more than 85% of the students involving up to 95% of the full time professors.
- One of the highest retention and completion rates in a CUMex generation of the country.
- Supported by 329 academic programs of advanced technical degrees, associate degrees and bachelor degrees that are recognized by the national evaluation and certification system.
- An academic staff constituted by 6,918 fulltime professors, from which 75.68% have graduate studies and 23.6% of them have a PhD.
- 780 faculties and 2,150 research lines.
A strategic approach
- CUMex develops its activities applying a mid-term strategic and participating planning approach.
- With progress plans and institutional strengthening programs carried out based on yearly operating actions.
- Applies the Fund’s Accountability model for higher education institutions that grants more transparency for the resources management.
Operates in 8 main fields:
- Accountability and Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Veterinary and Zoo-Techniques